McDonalds Restaurants is the largest and most successful fast food operator in Ireland and operates 81 restaurants across the Republic of Ireland, 12 of which are run by the company and 69 by franchisees, the majority of which are leasehold and variously located in shopping centres, high streets or suburban drive-thru.
Occupier Services provided
- Lease Audit – of leasehold portfolio to include lease summaries, strategy advices, identification of upwards/ downward rent review clauses, break options, early expiring leases, opportunities for restructuring.
- Diary Events – Break Clauses, rent review dates, service of notices etc.
- General landlord and tenant advice including lease renewals and dilapidations.
- Rent Review negotiations – 5 on-going reviews.
- Valuation services.
- Strategic advice on potential acquisitions.
- Expert witness and arbitration representation.
- Commercial rates negotiation and tribunal representation.
- Rates appeal.
- Negotiated lease renewals resulting in significant reductions in rent and favourable lease terms.
- Renegotiation of onerous lease in provincial drive-thru to more favourable terms.
- Acquisition of new leasehold premises in historic ‘Temple Bar area’ – opened September 2013.
- Disposal of two onerous leases in provincial towns.